Saturday, September 19, 2009

Google for Educators

#1. Three classroom tools i might want to use with my high school math students are Google Calendar, Google Groups, and Google Notebook

#2. With Google Calendar I would be able to set up individual calendars for every class period putting important dates of tests, quizzes, homework, or holidays. This way the students will be more organized and well prepared for the class upcoming class period. With Google Groups, I would set up one for each class and it would mainly play as a discussion board for students to ask questions work with each other and do there assignments together virtually through the computer. From there I can check their progress and determine if they are understanding whatever section we are going over. With Google Notebook I could set up lesson plans or test reviews and organize them into a orderly fashion onto the Notebook. This way I am more prepared for the class and I will keep my students more engaged because of it.

#3. One advantage of using Google Docs is getting your students more involved with other students by doing group work. With this you can access any website, PowerPoint or word document by putting them into Google Docs, then sharing it with the rest of their classmates. It keeps the students more involved during and after school.

No comments:

Post a Comment